.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

daveilerville

8.20.2006

Today's perspective

I think the best thing for me right now is to imagine the ideal, and look forward to finding it. Not that perfection is attainable, I am human after all. I can wait to find the person who is so right for me I can't bear the thought of being without her. It is an adventure/experience worth looking forward to. Even if it takes awhile.

Where did this epiphany come from? Well, a swell 'airport read' (according to amazon) I picked up Around the World in 80 Dates by Jennifer Cox at Costco after hearing her talk about it on npr. It was a great book. Not a 'great book' like A Tale of two cities but a fun read that contains good advice and helpful experiences to avoid in an authentic conversational manner. It is great to follow jennifer around her past and the world through incredibly bad dates, ok ones, and great ones and then at last to experience with her the joy of at last finding her soul mate. (Although I must admit, the term "soul mate" annoys me more than a little. Not sure why.)

Anyways, a good book. Or at least a book that was good for me at this juncture. It kicked some of my current pessimism/cynicism to the curb, which was a refreshing change.

New rule: Don't settle. A lesson I wish I'd learned long ago(even before tika). This lesson is innately tied in with locating my ambition (wherever it went).

On a vaguely related subject, I'm going to try to learn to play guitar as well as practice singing more. "Practice?" you say, "That doesn't sound like dave." Well, hopefully it is a sign of my reaquaintance with ambition. I hope we get along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home