.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

daveilerville

8.15.2007

Where I want to live

Visiting Iowa again after a fashion made me think of where I'll want to settle when the time comes. This is a braindump on what I want in that place.
  • 4 seasons
  • Thunderstorms
  • Snow
  • A vibrant (old-school) downtown
  • A place where the presence of Nature is felt
  • Work/groceries/church/nice cafe in walking/biking distance from house
  • Minimal light pollution (http://www.darksky.org/)
  • (Enough) People who are
    • tolerant and respectful of my religion, politics, and philosophy
    • Kind and friendly
    • Interested in
      • Dialogue
      • play
      • silliness
      • music
      • dancing
  • Good Restaurants
    • Mexican
    • Chinese
    • Italian (2 or more)
    • Pizza (3+)
    • Burger place
    • Sub Place
  • Good Schools
  • High speed internet (sad, i know)
  • A job
  • All my best friends from all time
Is that really so much to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home